RRANZ offers a pathway to complete a recognition of prior learning (RPL) and recognition of current capability (RCC) process in place of attending the Response and Recovery Leadership Development Programme (RRLDP).
The NZQA website states that:
“Skills and knowledge can be gained in many ways. From formal learning toward a qualification or informal learning, independent study, work, and life experience.
Recognition of learning for credit is where your existing skills and knowledge (gained through your prior learning) can be assessed for credit, for example, toward a qualification or programme.
Recognising learning for credit enables learners to progress more easily in their education and career, taking their formal and non-formal skills and knowledge along with them, and not having to repeat training for what they already know or can do.”
While RRANZ provides excellent professional development options for Emergency Management leaders, we also believe it is important that previous experience is recognised and validated.
For potential candidates, there are four options to choose from as a pathway towards gaining an RPL/RCC certification.
- Apply for Transition course to Tier One Parts One and Two
- Apply for RCC for Tier One Part One
- Apply for RCC for Tier One Part Two
- Apply for RCC for Tier One Parts One and Two
Pathways towards gaining an RPL/RCC certification
PLEASE NOTE: All RPL/RCC candidates are required to:
- have completed CIMS 4
- have worked as a response and recovery leader within the last five years – the more recent the better
- be able to demonstrate through detailed evidence, such as plans, certificates, testimonials, awards etc. that they can respond to the requirements in the assessment of capability.
Apply for Transition Course to Tier One Parts One and Two
For Emergency Management professionals who have completed a previous Controller course, RRANZ offers a transition course consisting of:
- Tier One Part One of the RRLDP – the seven-week online component of the programme.
- A two-day, face-to-face course focusing on content from days one and four of Part Two of the RRLDP.
This course bridges the gap between the previous controller course content and the current RRLDP.
Candidates need to provide a certificate as proof of course completion with their application form.
Fees for the Transition course
- Tier One Part One - $796.00 excl. gst
- Two-day face-to-face course - $1600.00 excl. gst
- Total for the combined package - $2396.00 excl. gst
Apply for RCC for Tier One Part One
Apply for RCC for Tier One Part Two
Apply for RCC for Tier One Parts One and Two
Candidates applying for RCC for Tier One Parts One and Two of the RRLDP will need to be able to prove they have recent experience or qualifications that are of equivalent value to the current programme.
DOWNLOAD a checklist of requirements for a portfolio of evidence.
Fees: $1,350.00 excl. gst