Kia ora koutou
In this issue:
- New RRANZ Masterclass series launched
- what3words app offers more precise location reporting
- Protecting heritage sites in a crisis
- 10 years after bushfires – key understandings
- Guide to disaster recovery capitals
- Ten key tips for managing crisis and disruption
- New journal launched
- Upcoming conference
- NZ’s dark horse of disaster risk reduction legislation
New Masterclass series launched
Join us for these highly interactive virtual sessions to build your knowledge and capabilities as a leader in emergency management. The content will complement the RRANZ Part One and Part Two courses, but prior participation in one of these courses is not required. Each masterclass will run as two 3-hour sessions over two sequential afternoons
Read on below to see our upcoming masterclasses.
Response and recovery decision-making under pressure
11/12 August 2021
Learn how to build individual and team capability to make decisions under high pressure, stress, and uncertainty.
Leading in a multi-agency response and recovery environment
28/29 September 2021
Enhance your capability to mobilise and manage high functioning teams to operate effectively in disaster, crisis, and adversity.
what3words app offers more precise location reporting
What3words is now commonly used to report locations during emergencies.
Protecting heritage buildings in a crisis
10 years after bushfires – key understandings
Guide to disaster recovery capitals
Disaster recovery is complex and dynamic, with multiple factors influencing the recovery of people and communities.